We’re not just celebrating Earth Day today – we celebrate it every day through our various earth-friendly production and manufacturing methods.
We’re not claiming that we’re the most eco-friendly company on the planet, rather we’re taking a some positive steps forward that are making a difference within the world we live.
Here are just a few of the earth-friendly initiatives that we can all smile about:
- With retail operations in 22 countries, our sustainability efforts span the globe – from raw goods suppliers worldwide to our color-changing dye processes in the USA.
- Our fundamental commitment is to erase or drastically reduce environmental impact, to cultivate the highest respect for human labor, and to adopt new innovations in recycling, waste disposal, water harvesting and green-friendly energy policies.
- As part of our quest for sustainable, planet-enhancing concepts, we introduced a separate sister retail brand in 2008 called Cariloha, which is all about ultra-comfortable bedding, clothing and bath goods made from eco-friendly bamboo, one of the most sustainable, renewable resources on the planet. Bamboo replenishes itself naturally, without chemical pesticides or fertilizers, and has natural anti-microbial qualities.
- Working closely with EPA and the Organic Crop Improvement Association (OCIA), we have replaced oil-based foam packaging with recyclable boxes.
- We provide customers with a retail shopping bag that changes color with sunlight and uses recyclable plastics, reducing landfill excess and improving decomposition.
- Restricted substances are universally banned in all our production processes – a policy that is also strictly enforced with our suppliers. No Toluene, DBP, formaldehyde or other harmful chemicals are used in our nail polish, and all our plastics products (hair clips, Sol Flyers™, jewelry) are made from recyclable plastics.
- Additionally, our sustainability procedures include the 100% recycling and reuse of cotton waste, the reuse of drinking water in gardening, the use of only 100% water-based paints, a “closed loop” advanced spinning process that creates our fabric fibers and reuses the solvents involved in the process, and the use of recyclable materials in our screen printing process, as well as the disposal of non-recyclable residues.
- The dyes used in our revolutionary Spectrachrome® color-changing process are 100% organic and environmentally safe.
- We adhere to environmentally responsible standards at the various factories where we source materials. We only work with suppliers who do not use forced labor or child labor in any form, who pay wages that are equal to or exceed the minimum wage, who adhere to the highest occupational and safety standards, and who do not discriminate in recruitment and employment practices that embrace high ethical standards across the board.
How did you celebrate Earth Day? Did you recycle more? Reuse one of our Del Sol color-changing totes or retail bags?