Before visiting the French-Dutch island of St. Maarten in the Eastern Caribbean, know the best places to have fun under the sun while you’re there.
Feel free to make the Del Sol store, located at 55 Front Street Phillipsburg, St. Maarten, one of your main information centers. Store Phone: 1-721-54-28013. Del Sol’s friendly staff is happy to help you find places of interest or to provide recommendations for restaurants, best times to visit certain beaches, etc.
Where to Have Fun in the Sun in St. Maarten
1. Visit Maho Bay. It’s found on the southwestern shore of the island. You’re not exclusively visiting Maho Bay to soak up sun at the beach; rather, you’re going to see the incoming airplanes flying right over your head as the waves come rolling in. It’s a unique experience that everyone in the family will enjoy. It’s best to go toward the end of the day. Be aware that Maho Bay feels a lot like the Las Vegas strip.
2. Eat Crepes in Marigot. Found on on the French side of the island, Marigot is dotted by a whole slew of amazing beaches, which I’m sure you’ll want to visit. But what you really need to do is eat some delicious French crepes at any number of French restaurants before you leave. Bonus Tip: St. Maarten / St. Martin is only 15 minutes away from some beautiful neighboring islands like Anguilla. You may want to consider taking a ferry over to these islands for an afternoon under the sun.
3. Snorkling at Cupecoy Beach. Get your snorkel gear at the beach or bring it with you and enjoy this beautiful, relatively uncrowded beach. If you’re interested in diving a little deeper – no worries – this beach offers scuba diving, too. Don’t want to play around in the water all day? Go horseback riding on the beach. Even if you’ve never been horseback riding, you’ll always be able to tell your friends that your first time was on a beach in St. Maarten.
4. Delight your taste buds in Grand Case. Restaurants of all tastes and interests are scattered up and down the Grand Case. If you’re on the island during Carnival, the Grand Case is an exciting place to be.
5. Shop till you Drop! St. Maarten offers something for everyone. Be sure to stop by Del Sol for the best clothing and accessory options in port.
Of course, this list doesn’t have everything St. Maarten has to offer. But, if you’re able to get these things in, you won’t be disappointed.
What else would you add to the St. Maarten list? What’s your all-time favorite St. Maarten attraction or restaurant?